Built-Up Roofing Experts in Palm Coast
Built-up roofing (BUR), which is also known as “tar and gravel” roofing, has one of the most solid reputations in the commercial roofing market. While it has been common for some time, it is still a complicated process that requires finesse. Our roofers at Elo Roofing have the skills, training, tools, and expertise necessary to complete a BUR installation that will help to protect your building against damages, severe weather conditions, fire, and other events which might have an adverse impact on your structure.
Built-Up Roofing Advantages
There are many reasons why BUR roofing is one of the go-to options for commercial roofing. While it is a popular commercial roofing technique, it does require skilled expertise in order to ensure a job well done. Elo Roofing is familiar with this and other commercial roofing techniques so you can rest assured your commercial roof is in good hands.
The main advantages to a BUR roof are as follows:
- Exceptional durability. Its multiple layers ensure that BUR roofs are built to endure a lot, from harsh weather to general wear and tear.
- Resistant to extreme winds.
- Seamless and waterproof. The continuous solid surface does not require seams, which seals off the areas that are most likely to leak over time.
- UV Ray reflection. Provides protection from ultraviolet rays. This also functions as a cooling mechanism for the building.
- Low maintenance. There is very minimal upkeep and maintenance needed after it is installed.
Components of Built-Up Roofs
The defining feature of built-up roofs is its multiple layers of materials, which are laminated together to give the roofing its durability. These multiple layers consist of the following:
The base sheet is the foundational layer and is usually made of fiberglass, asphalt coated organic sheet, or asphalt coated venting sheet.
Felts or fabrics
coal or tar saturated This layer is made up of organic felt, cotton fabric or burlap that has been saturated in coal or tar.
The most common material used for the bitumen layer is asphalt, but this can also include coal tar or lap cement.
This outermost level consists of gravel, asphalt or minerals. This can also be topped with a reflective coating.
Ready to Make the Switch to a BUR System?
Elo Roofing is Palm Coast’s #1 choice for affordable, reliable commercial roofing services. Our roofing experts have years of experience installing, repairing and maintaining built-up roofs. Speak to us today for your commercial roofing needs. If you’re looking for a cost-effective, and durable commercial roof, you can opt for EPD roofs.