If you’re looking for exceptional asphalt shingle roofing services for your Palm Coast home, give Elo Roofing a call today.
The Cost Of Asphalt Shingle Roofing In Palm Coast
Asphalt shingle rooftops have a lifespan of about 15 to 30 years. How long they last are mainly dependent on the type of shingles you choose to install, how accurately they were installed, the quality of your maintenance plan, and the environment in which you live.
If your asphalt roofing system has reached the end of its life, this is how much you can expect to pay:
A 3-tab shingle rooftop costs about $2000 to $11,000. You can expect to pay about $2 to $3 per square foot.
- 1,000 sf roof / 10 squares = $2000 to $3000
- 1,500 sf roof / 15 squares = $3000 to $4,500
- 2,000 sf roof / 20 squares = $4000 to $6000
- 2,500 sf roof / 25 squares = $5000 to $7,500
- 3,000 sf roof / 30 squares = $6000 to $9000
- 3,500 sf roof / 35 squares = $7000 to $10,500
An architectural shingle rooftop costs about (total to total). You can expect to pay about $5 to $6 per square foot.
- 1,000 sf roof / 10 squares = $5000 to $6000
- 1,500 sf roof / 15 squares = $7,500 to $9000
- 2,000 sf roof / 20 squares = $10,000 to $12,000
- 2,500 sf roof / 25 squares = $12,500 to $15,000
- 3,000 sf roof / 30 squares = $15,000 to $18,000
- 3,500 sf roof / 35 squares = $17,500 to $21,000
The Pros of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
The following are the benefits of using asphalt shingle roofing for your home:
- Inexpensive – Out of all the roofing materials that are available, asphalt shingles are probably one of the most affordable choices, making them a good option for homeowners on a budget.
- Versatile Style – Curb appeal is important, especially if you ever plan on selling your home. One of the benefits of using asphalt shingles is that they are very visually flexible. They come in a number of different styles, including laminated, three-tab, and premium versions. This means that they can fit a wide variety of home styles without looking out of place.
- Easy to Install – Because they are so light and easy to cut, they are relatively easy to install. Very little prep work is needed and no special tools are required. This means that it won’t take as long to install an asphalt shingle roof as it might if you’re using another roofing material.
- Easy to Replace – First of all, you can replace your shingles one at a time since you don’t have to replace the entire roof. Secondly, because of how easy they are to install, replacing asphalt shingles is easy.
The Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
The following are some of the drawbacks to using asphalt shingle roofing for your home:
- Vulnerable to Wind – Cheaper versions of asphalt shingles can be more vulnerable to strong winds, which can cause them to detach, thereby making your roof more vulnerable to leaks.
- Cracking – Because of how light they are, asphalt shingles can crack more easily, especially when they are exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations. Extreme temperature fluctuations can cause shingles to expand and contract, resulting in cracks. Extreme heat can also cause asphalt shingles to crack.
- Warm Installation – It’s generally not a good idea to install asphalt shingles during the winter, especially if temperatures are below freezing. This can cause the shingles to become damaged during installation.
- Commonplace Looks – Although they won’t damage the curb appeal of your home with their look, asphalt shingles aren’t exactly unique. You won’t make your home stand out with the use of asphalt shingles as you might with other roofing materials, such as wood shingles or shakes.
- Not as Long-Lasting – Because they are lighter, cheaper, and more prone to damage, asphalt shingles simply don’t last as long as some other options.
Request a quote here to receive a more accurate estimate for your asphalt shingle roofing project.
If you’re ready to start your Palm Coast home’s asphalt roofing project, give Elo Roofing a call today!